A Sustainable Prosperous City of Choice by 2030
Posted by Gweru City Council on Thursday, 18 October 2018
Opportunities exist for investors to partner with local industry in order to exploit and maximize capacity utilization from current 40% to 100% in the following areas:
Mining and mineral processing, (including chrome smelting and production of Ferro-alloys), manufacture of yeast, industrial gases, glasses, foundry product, textiles and clothing, beef and daily product, food and beverages, foot wear, concrete products and abrasives.
Infrastructure rehabilitation and upgrading
Investors are invited to partner Council in the establishment, rehabilitation and upgrading of Infrastructure in the following sectors:
- Water and Sanitation Infrastructure
- Roads and Public Lighting Infrastucture
- Social Amenities (stadia, Halls, Schools, Clinics)
- One stop Shop for all enquries and development applications
all applications processed within 5 days
- All stands are advertised in the press prior to disposal
- Half down payment is accepted for all industrial and institutional stands with the
balance payable over 6 months
- Minumum deposit of /4500.00 is acceptable for residential stands with the
balance payable over 48 months
- For alll stands, a development period of 6 years from date of signature os sale
- Building extension periods may be granted upon application
REASONS TO INVEST IN THE CITY OF GWERU
• Gweru City is centrally located in Zimbabwe and well connected with major
road and rail networks and air services.
• A strong industrial base hinged on mining and agro processing industries.
• Abundant land for development and reliable water supplies.
• Generous investor incentives and ease of doing business.
• The City is a major educational centre and has world class health facilities and
other social amenities
INVESTOR REGISTRATION FORM
Find Your Councillor
The Town Clerk
Gweru City Council
Corner Robert Mugabe Way
Phone: +263 54 2224071/9
MONDAY to FRIDAY
8:00am to 5:00 pm
8 am to 4.00 pm
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
We close on weekends and public holidays
Fire & Ambulance
+263 54 2224071/9