A Sustainable Prosperous City of Choice by 2030
DEPARTMENTS IN COUNCIL AND THEIR ROLES
City of Gweru’s departmental functions are distributed as follows.
Town Clerk’s Department
- To plan, organize, co-ordinate and control of all departments and activities of Council
- To promote proper administration of Council
- To manage the operations and property of Council
- To provide strategic direction and corporate planning
- To promote Economic development
- To promote and coordinate Public relations activities
- To provide internal auditing services
Chamber Secretary’s Department
- To provide Legal and Secretarial services
- To manage human resource
- To manage and administer all properties of Council
- To provide Security services
- To provide fire and ambulance services
- To develop and enforce Council by-laws
Engineering Services Department
- To provide water and waste water management services.
- To provide roads and public lighting infrastructure.
- To construct, maintain and repair movable and immovable assets.
- To manage and coordinate orderly spatial development.
- To manage the public transport system.
Housing and Community Services Department
- To provide affordable housing.
- To provide and manage social services facilities.
- To provide and manage educational facilities.
- To provide burial and cremation services.
- To promote informal sector and SMES development.
- To coordinate NGOs and PVOs in the City (including provision for special needs cases).
- To promote the aesthetic value of the city.
- To provide quality financial service to Council and residents in an efficient and cost effective manner
- To manage loans and investments
- To procure goods and services for all Council operations
- To manage workers’ salaries and wages
- To manage Council’s insurance portfolio
- To provide curative services
- To provide accessible, affordable and acceptable primary health services
- To provide public and environmental health services
- To provide solid waste management
Find Your Councillor
The Town Clerk
Gweru City Council
Corner Robert Mugabe Way
Phone: +263 54 2224071/9
MONDAY to FRIDAY
8:00am to 5:00 pm
8 am to 4.00 pm
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
We close on weekends and public holidays
Fire & Ambulance
+263 54 2224071/9